On behalf of everyone at Buntingsdale Primary and Nursery School we would like to welcome you to our website. We are a friendly school, with lots going on to make school and learning enjoyable for the children. This website aims to give you a taste of the school, as well as providing regular updated information for both parents and pupils.
Buntingsdale Primary school has successfully gained its 4th BSQM (Basic Skills Quality Mark) in November 2013 and are hoping to maintain the accreditation when it's due for renewal in November 2016. The main elements for this being:
1. A whole school strategy and planning to improve performance in basic skills
2. An analysis of the assessment of pupil performance in basic skills.
3. Target setting for the improvement of the school’s performance in basic skills.
4. Basic skills improvement planning for pupils underattaining and/or underachieving.
5. Regular review of the progress made by pupils underattaining and/or underachieving in basic skills.
6. A commitment to improving the skills of staff to teach and extend basic skills.
7. The use of a range of teaching approaches and learning styles to improve basic skills.
8. The use of appropriate teaching and learning materials to improve basic skills.
9. The involvement of parents and carers in developing their child’s basic skills.
10. An effective procedure for monitoring planning and assessing improvement in performance in basic skills
Basic skills are defined as:
‘The ability to read, write and speak in English and use mathematics at a level necessary to function and progress at work and in society in general.’
Without good communication, literacy and mathematical skills, individuals are severely disadvantaged throughout their lives – as learners, in the workplace and as parents, consumers and citizens. This is an important award and helps us to strive to continually better ourselves.
With the children we have developed and regularly review a set of rules which focus upon developing positive knowledge, skills, attitudes and values.
The rules are:
Listen Be Kind Do Your Best